Frequently Asked Questions

Just click on the headings below to expand the answers to frequently asked questions

Claims report

5.1.1 Claims reporting

With effect from 1 June 2008 for any road traffic accidents, under the Motor Claims Framework by GIA (General Insurance Association), you are required to report accident within 24 hours or by the next working day (regardless of claiming under own policy or not) with your accident vehicle at your approved reporting centers. (Example, Authorized workshops upon occurrence of the accident.) Your NCD will be affected and claim prejudiced if there is a breach of this condition.

Before making a traffic accident report, you must bring your/driver's NRIC or other identification documents, driving license and the original

Vehicle Insurance Certificate. You must try to obtain the following information for your reporting:

- registration numbers of vehicles involved

- Make/model/color of vehicles

- Name/address/NRIC of the other driver

- Contact number of the other driver

- Insurance company of the other driver

- Extent of damage to vehicles

- date / time / place of the accident

- positions of the vehicle before & after collision

- photographs taken at scene of accident, if any

- particulars of any witnesses - weather and road condition.

Effective from 1st May 1999, motorists need only lodge a police accident report for the following categories of motor accident cases: - Injury case - Non-injury case involving a government vehicle or damage to government property - Non-injury case involving a foreign vehicle (Foreign vehicles are defined as all vehicles registered in another country, all vehicles owned by visiting forces present in Singapore, all vehicles with USN or USG prefixes and as a general rule, all vehicles insured by an insurance company not registered to transact general insurance business in Singapore - Non-injury case involving a pedestrian or cyclist - Non-injury case involving "Parked & Found", "Hit & Run" damages to vehicle.

An injury accident is defined as one in which:

At least one party involved in the accident was conveyed to hospital from the accident scene by an ambulance; or If conveyance to hospital was done through other transport, the party is subsequently hospitalized, or given outpatient medical leave (granted by a medical practitioner) of 3 days or more; or Where no one was conveyed to hospital from the scene, latent injury had subsequently developed which entailed hospitalization, or outpatient medical leave of 3 days or more

If the accident does not fall under any of the above definitions, then it is termed as non-injury motor accident and therefore Insured/driver has to make a report immediately to their respective insurance company by completing a GIA(General Insurance Association) Non-Injury Motor Accident Report Form.

Should the non-injury accident be subsequently reclassified as an injury accident, Traffic Police will initiate investigation and insured/driver will be contacted for a police statement to be recorded. No penalties will be imposed on the insured/driver should insured/driver proceed to file a non-injury report without prior knowledge that the accident is or has been classified as an injury case, or is one requiring a police report.

Windscreen Damage

For windscreen damage claim insured/driver needs to complete the Windscreen Claim Form.

Non Traffic Accident Damages

For non-traffic accident damages such as vandalism, malicious act, theft, windscreen damage, etc., Insured/driver must attend at our designated panel of authorized workshops or our authorized agent workshop for reporting. However for cases with criminal intent involved, a police report will be required before reporting eg. Vandalism, theft and malicious act. The Police report and such relevant evidence and documentation must be attached to the E-file report.


If you decide to file a claim under your own policy, you should send your car to one of our authorized workshops where you can also report your claim. Your workshop will prepare an estimate of the cost of repair and liaise directly with your insurance company. Survey You should not allow the workshop to carry out any repair until after approval is given by your respective insurance company. You will have to arrange for your vehicle to be surveyed before repair authorization is given to the workshop. Excess Under the policy condition, you are required to pay an excess for your claim, if applicable. You should pay the excess directly to the workshop. No Claims Discount (NCD) When you make an own damage claim, your NCD will be reduced accordingly. NCD will be reduced at a rate of 30% per accident claim. Windscreen Claim With effect from 1st November 2002, windscreen cover will be reinstated automatically following a claim, free of charge. However, an excess of $100 (exclusive of GST) will apply for each claim. As for policies issued prior to 1 November 2002, the old clause still applies whereby there is no excess but insured has to pay $100 (exclusive of GST) to reinstate the cover. Summons If you receive any letter or a court summons from the other party relating to the accident, you should forward it to us "BY HAND" immediately and leave us to act on it. You should not negotiate, admit liability or offer payment to the third party. However, if you receive a traffic summons from the police which allows you to pay a composition fine, you can proceed to pay the fine if you have violated any traffic rules or regulations.


You can obtain the other party's insurance particulars from One Motoring Website: (http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en.html). The fee is S$5.35 (GST inclusive). The enquiry number is 1800-2255 585.

How to obtain a copy of the other insurer's accident report?

Only a person directly involved in the accident may buy a copy of the accident report lodged by the other parties. If the accident report is lodged with the insurance company, apply for a copy through the GIA (General Insurance Association) Record Management Centre at 138 Robinson Road, #07-09 The Corporate Office, Singapore 068906. The fee is $29/- per copy. The enquiry number is 6224 0010. If the accident report is lodged with the Police, Insured can apply for the copy personally or through his attorney, to the Traffic Police Department at 10 Ubi Ave 3, Singapore 408865.

How to apply for the outcome of investigation by the Police?

For outcome of Police investigation on cases taken up by the police, you can apply for this personally or through an attorney to the Traffic Police Department at 10 Ubi Ave 3. Singapore 408865.


What If I do not change my car oil?

Oil is an essential liquid to the car, not changing of oil cause a reduced in engine performance as components such as gaskets and pistons will not function well due to lack of lubrication. Not changing of oil regularly will not detect your engine is burning oil quickly or oil leak. On top of that, signs of engine coolant leaking with engine oil will not be shown as well.

How long does the servicing takes?

A standard servicing for a passenger car takes about 1 – 2 hours, depending on the vehicle’s problem. Car servicing might take longer if there are parts that requires changing, however for any parts that require changing, UK Cool mechanics will inform the customers before changing the new parts for them.

What are the advantages of synthetic oils?

Synthetic oils give improved performance at high temperatures and support extended standard drain intervals and they have long durability.

Why must I get air conditioning service?

Not having to get air conditioning serviced may affect your health and the hygiene of the car. The filter will fail to remove the incoming bacteria and fungi that can cause unpleasant odors. It is advisable to check the refrigerant gas checked regularly and topped up to manufacturers’ recommended levels, also not forgetting to change air-con filters when needed.

How do I know when to send my vehicle for servicing?

It is advisable to send your car for servicing with an increase of mileage from 10,000km to 20,000km, as wear and tear of parts may occur and if not serviced regularly, the performance of the car may be affected significantly.

Why do I need to send my car for servicing?

UK Cool gives you some recommendations on how to maintain it, and one of them is the required maintenance. There is a schedule that describes the kilometers that the maintenance should be performed at and the parts that have to be replaced. The reason why the scheduled maintenance is performed is that, parts that wear off should be replaced. Some of them are made from rubber and plastic and require frequent replacement; some are made of metals and wear off much slower. But eventually almost all of them should be replaced. Usually maintenance is done every 10,000km to 20,000km and it involves parts like spark plugs, wires and timing belts. After another certain mileage water pump and other major parts are replaced in order to avoid the failure and further damage.customers and place our customers as first priority. We think what is best for our customers and listens attentively to their needs and wants. We also have experience and knowledgeable mechanics to give you the best for the service.


What should I look for when inspecting my tires

Uneven tread wear

This can include more wear on one tread edge than the other, a rippled pattern of high and low wear, or exposed steel wire. Uneven wear can be caused by problems such as under inflation, vehicle misalignment and improper balancing.

Shallow tread

Well worn or bald tires can result in hydroplaning, loss of traction and are more likely to be damaged by potholes and other road hazards. Replace tires when worn to 2/32 inch (1.6 mm) tread depth anywhere on the tread face. To help you see when the tread is worn out, tires have a built in "tread wear indicators." These are narrow bars of smooth rubber that run across the tread. When the tread is even with the bars, a tire is worn down to 2/32 inch and the tire must be replaced immediately. You can also try the penny test: place a penny in the tire's most worn groove with Lincoln's head facing down. If you can see the top of Lincoln's head, the tire should be replaced.


Check for small stones, pieces of glass, bits of metal and other foreign objects that might be wedged into the tread and carefully remove them. They can cause serious problems if they are pushed farther into your tire as you drive.

Damaged areas

Cracks, cuts, splits, punctures, holes and bulges in the tread or on the sidewalls of the tire can indicate serious problems, and the tire may need to be replaced.

Slow leaks

Remember that tires lose inflation pressure when the air temperature gets colder (about 1 psi or 7 kPa for every 10°F drop in temperature). Tires may also lose a certain amount of inflation pressure due to their permeability (about 2 psi or 14 kPa per month). However, if you find that you have to add inflation pressure every few days, have the tire, wheel and valve checked by a tire service professional - and if necessary, repair or replace the tire.

Valve caps

Those little caps on your tire's valve stem keep moisture and dirt out, so make sure they are on all your tires. Also, when you have a tire replaced, have a new valve stem assembly installed at the same time.

Driving on a damaged tire can be dangerous. If you see something you're not sure about during your inspection, have it examined by your tire service professional. Any time you see damage to a tire, don't drive on it - use a spare if you need to go somewhere. And finally, pay attention to the "feel" of your tires as you drive. A rough ride may indicate tire damage or excessive wear. If you notice vibrations or other disturbances while driving, and/or you suspect possible damage to your tire or vehicle, immediately reduce speed, drive with caution until you can safely pull off the road and stop, and inspect our tires. If a tire is damaged, deflate it and replace it with your spare. If you do not see any tire damage and cannot identify the source of the vibration, have the vehicle towed to a mechanic or tire dealer for a thorough inspection.

What if I change just 1 tire?

Changing 1 tire might upset the handling balance of the vehicle significantly and not to mention its ABS operations. Therefore we strongly recommend customers to change their tires either in front or rear in pairs, or complete sets.

What is wheels alignment?

A vehicle is properly aligned when all suspension and steering components are sound, and when the tyre and wheel assemblies are running straight and true. Proper alignment is necessary for even tread wear and precise steering. Uneven front or rear tire wear, or changes in your vehicle's handling or steering response (i.e. pulling to one side) usually indicate misalignment.

Many vehicles today are equipped with rear suspensions that can be adjusted for alignment. Your vehicle may need a front-end alignment or a four-wheel alignment, depending on the symptoms you are experiencing. The moderate cost of aligning your vehicle pays for itself in tire mileage, performance and comfort. Goodyear retailers provide expert alignment and suspension service.

Should I rotate my tires?

Regular and proper tire rotation promotes more uniform wear for all of the tires on a vehicle. All season tires should be rotated in a "modified X" pattern, meaning only the tires being moved to the drive axle are crossed to the opposite side of the vehicle. The remaining two tires are moved from the drive axle to the free rolling axle, remaining on the same side of the vehicle.

This method of rotation helps promote a more even and uniform tread wear pattern for all four tires. The only exception to this would be when using "directional" tread design tyres such as the Aquatred II or some of the Eagle line high performance tires. These tires would remain on the same side of the vehicle and be rotated straight forward and straight back.If you have a four-wheel drive vehicle, we recommend crossing both pairs of tires to their new axle positions.We recommend tire rotation at least every 6,000 miles. Four-wheel drive vehicles may require rotation even sooner, perhaps every 4,000 miles. Check your vehicle owner's manual for the manufacturer's rotation recommendations. If no rotation period is specified, tires should be rotated every 6,000 to 8,000 miles. The first rotation is the most important. When tires are rotated, inflation pressures must be adjusted to the vehicle manufacturer's recommendations. Uneven tire wear may also be due to misalignment or mechanical problems. Many Goodyear retailers can provide expert diagnosis and repair.

Why choose UK Cool?

We value and appreciate our customers and place our customers as first priority. We think what is best for our customers and listens attentively to their needs and wants. We also have experience and knowledgeable mechanics to give you the best for the service

Follow Us

Newsletter Sign Up


Kaki Bukit

13 Kaki Bukit Road 4 #01-14

S417807 ( Bartley Biz Centre)
Tel: 6384 5279 / 6384 1805